Friday 6 July 2012

Keep Doing, Stop Doing, Start Doing

Sharing time :-)

This is a new concept that I started to implement in my classroom after hearing about a similar idea at a professional development session, which referred to Keep Doing, Stop Doing.

It works as a form of personal reflection for the students, allowing them to reflect on what they are doing and whether it is productive (keep doing) or unproductive (stop doing). I included the 'Start Doing' after seeing it talked about on some other non-education websites. I loved the idea of it because it meant that students can continually reflect on what more they can do and gives those that had a lot of 'Stop Doing' responses the chance to set some goals to improve.

To start with I had the words up on my SmartBoard. I created a poster the other day (see below) which I'm thinking I will be able to either simply point to or hold up after the students have had a bit more practice with it. Just saying the words also proved to be effective. The first few times I did it, the students wanted to share their responses which was great. As they become more familiar with it, however, it will be used more as a quiet moment for personal reflection.

I was amazed at how effective something as simple as this could be!

The background I used for the poster came from a great store I found on http://www.teachersnotebook.com/. You can find it here: http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/Ms.Talley/.

No comments:

Post a Comment